EGO CONTEST - Who Can Sing The "Show Version" of EGO 121 - The Prayer!
Submit YOUR Vocal To Be Considered To Sing The "Show Version" with Ashley Parker!
OK...so I know I'm going to regret this...I'm throwing myself under the bus BIG-TIME. I wrote the square dance version of a song...SO BIG...that I can't even do it myself! (And I wonder why I can't sell music?)
So...here's the story. I always wanted to do "The Prayer", but it's a TOUGH song to sing for a baritone. Andreas Bocelli is an amazing tenor...I am not. So we're searching for the caller who can sing the big duet chorus in the middle of the original song. (Look and listen on YouTube...I don't want any copyright concerns by posting their version of the song here.)
Are you the one who can sing it? If you think so, sing it, and send it. I'll select my top 5 favorites, and then let the EGO Nation decide who's the winner.
The winner will have HIS/HER vocal included with every copy we sell of "The Prayer". The winner will also receive a $100.00 cash prize (which you'll probably have to spend at a studio cutting your vocal).You'll also receive another $150.00 in music from DOSADO.com, and finally, will receive a copy of every EGO tune we release in the next year. (I figure the total will be worth about $300.00.)
Here's what NOT to do on your vocal! Pay special attention to the Middle Break and Closer!
Words can not describe how embarrassed I am to put this vocal online.
Contest Winner Will Receive
$150.00 in Music from DOSADO.com
All Music Released by EGO Recordings Thru 2017
AND...you'll be featured singing "The Prayer" with
The Rules and Fine Print
- In order to be considered, you agree that I can publish your vocal on any of my websites as well as FaceBook and YouTube.
- Send your submission to: email@example.com
- The decision I make is final. It's MY preference...which some others may not consider the best.
- The contest will be open through July 31, 2016. No entries will be considered after that date. The winner will be announced no later than August 15, 2016.
- You do NOT have to purchase the song to be considered, however, if you do not purchase the song, you'll need to send me an acapella opener, middle break, and closer of the song. If I like your acapella version, I will provide a backing track for you to record to.
- If you are declared the winner, before you receive any prizes, you will be required to provide a vocal track to the song with the following minimum standards. (Yes, I was serious when I said you'll probably be spending your cash prize in the studio.)
- 24 bit 44.1 BWAV file is preferred. Mono, No EQ, or heavy compression or reverb.
- If you don't understand these minimum standards, your local studio engineer will.